Prep time: 1 h 10 min
1 small chicken, cleaned and rinsed
1 tbsp unsalted butter
1 1/2 tbsp sunflower oil
5 cups baby potatoes, halved
5 baby carrots, rinsed and halved
1 handful fresh rosemary sprigs
1 handful sun-dried tomatoes, in oil, drained
1 1/2 cups A. G. Ferrari Prosecco
2/3 cup chicken broth kosher salt freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a roasting pan with parchment paper, making sure the paper slightly overhangs the edges of the pan.
2. Using a sharp boning knife, remove the legs from the body and separate them into thighs and drumsticks. Carefully remove the breasts from the carcass and cut each breast into two pieces.
3. Season the chicken pieces with plenty of salt and pepper. Melt the butter with the oil in a sauté pan set over a moderate heat until hot.
4. Brown the chicken pieces in the pan, turning over with tongs. Remove from the pan to the prepared roasting pan.
5. Add the potatoes, carrots, rosemary sprigs and sun-dried tomatoes to the pan. Pour over the prosecco and broth, and season with some salt and pepper.
6. Bake for 35-45 minutes until the chicken pieces are cooked through and the vegetables are tender to the tip of a knife; baste the chicken with the sauce in the pan from time to time.
7. When ready, remove from the oven and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Of course, pair with A.G. Ferrari Prosecco
Back to Recipes